We are looking for a Project Manager with buying duties.
Phone & Laptop provided
Based in Preston office, 8am to 5pm, Mon-Fri
Holidays 21 days plus bank holidays.
Main Duties include:
- Receiving orders from clients and entering the jobs on sage.
- Dealing direct with clients and Project Managers to get all relevant information needed.
- Writing RAMS from a template in place - adding site details, local hospital details and staff details etc.
- Dealing with the various Contracts Managers for Programme/scope of works and check off of all labour and materials required.
- Agreeing Programme of works and site access with clients and the site.
- Collating and providing site files/build packs to Telecoms specialist civils teams - includes detailed drawings, stats and soil reports, RAMS and CPHSP, materials order with list of contact details and expected delivery date for each materials ordered etc
- Arranging hired in plant and heras fencing and tools to be delivered to site and making sure all off hired as needed or at the end of site work.
- Placing orders for civils materials for delivery to office/warehouse and direct to site in line with the site quote - ducts, aggregate, concrete, lightening protection, timber and general building supplies etc.
- Highlighting to the Directors any items that are above the quote allowance price and seeking approval to proceed or give details to quantity surveyor to arrange a variation order with the client.
- Dealing with the civils site teams directly and any requirements and immediate needs that come up on site and placing orders with suppliers in line.
- Placing sub-contract purchase orders with external contractors such as fencing, traffic management or tree cutting contractors and managing them for schedule and access and completion photos as required.
- Managing the site photos and adding to site files on the server.
- Chasing certification from suppliers such as concrete cube tests and Lightening protection test.
- Collating and producing site hand over pack.
- Check invoices and sign off/query in line with the relevant purchase orders.
- Produce profit/loss report upon completion of job.
- Attend internal management meetings to discuss each site's progress.
- Give regular feedback to the Directors on any performance, quality and pricing issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- Project Management experience - office based within the construction industry - utilities or civils.
- Previous work within mobile Telecoms industry experience is ideal but not essential
- Iosh training - would be provided if needed.
- Experience of buying civils materials for site builds is an advantage
- Experience in a similar role with similar duties.
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01517375560