Role: Project Manager - Medical Device R&D
Salary: CIRCA £55,000
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join a Medical Device Company in Cambridge. You will be an expert in Medical Devices from concept through to production and proven project management experience is essential.
- Project management of key R&D product development projects, the typical products being developed are complex medical devices involving mechanics, electronics, software and chemistry.
- Deliver the projects to key business objectives to the required quality, cost and time-scale
- To establish and effectively communicate 'shared targets' of projects and then subsequently manage those projects to delivery.
- To monitor and communicate progress. To take proactive action to minimise the risk of 'overrun'.
- Lead the Risk Management Process
- Lead the project team through delivery milestones by working with key stakeholders as well as doing hands on work to complete documentation deliverables for the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Contribute to System Engineering
- Manage the Product Requirements Traceability
- Contribute to the development of the company's Project Management systems
- Tracking resource allocation on project related and non-project related activities.
- Works closely with Development, Operations, Quality, Marketing, Regulatory and other departments to ensure project priorities and decisions are consistent between teams and corporate strategic plans.
- Working with colleagues in Quality and Regulatory to ensure the processes we use meet all quality and regulatory requirements, but also are lean and efficient for our business
- Expert in medical device product development from initial concept through to production and the interdependencies of individual development activities.
- Working knowledge of basic scientific and engineering principles
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for product registration on global basis
- Creation, management and reporting of product development plans in association with the appropriate company functions. Revision of those plans as appropriate to meet changing needs
- Working with technical and commercial staff on internal and external development projects
- Working with external clients in order to manage their expectations against delivery
- Project planning in the form of Gantt charts, milestone trackers, projected budget, etc,
- Working knowledge of typical software packages such as Microsoft Excel and MS Project
- Project related financial management
- Proven negotiation, issue resolution and team building skills
- Excellence in communication, stakeholder management, facilitating and managing meetings
- Expert in facilitating team decision making
- Ability to encourage intelligent risk taking and a bold culture