To undertake planning, co-ordination, and programming deliverables for our client's Capital Projects progressing in Plymouth.
To ensure all tasks/activities associated with design and delivery of the Capital Projects are included in the project plan, monitored, reported, and completed in a time efficient manner.
Responsibility for the capture, development, monitoring and control of all planning activities, as agreed with the project manager from design through to construction, commissioning and handover within the Capital Projects Team. The job entails managing various programmes of works, liaising with professional contract engineers, consultant companies, equipment vendors and construction teams, who conduct engineering and construction activities on behalf of our client. The Planner will need to be able to demonstrate proven experience of programme management, reporting, analysis and forecasting for design and construction within the oil and gas sector, preferably regarding the design and construction of fuel storage tanks, process pipework, associated electrical supplies, instrumentation, civil and structural works projects. There will be a need to build strong credible working relationships with all internal stakeholders' other members of the project delivery team, operations, maintenance, HSSEQ department, procurement, and other discipline engineering colleagues.
Self-Management & General
▪ Comply with the Fundamental Principles of the organisation in everyday activities.
▪ Promote process safety leadership as the core of our client's culture.
▪ Be a key contributor to the Capital Projects Team to meet the project and team objectives.
▪ Ensure planning activities completed within the Capital Projects are fully compliant with company
policies, procedures, and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
▪ Manage own time and resources to be compliant with the Working Time Regulations and meet
responsibilities for health and safety.
▪ Develop and maintain positive relationships with the key stakeholders, both internal and external.
▪ Consistently maintain a professional approach in day-to-day activities.
▪ Always ensure effective and appropriate communication.
▪ Report on activities and provide relevant management information.
▪ Maintain high standards of probity and confidentiality.
▪ Work with Project Management Procedures and workflows.
▪ Act as Planning Lead providing leadership and guidance within the team on planning/programming matters for Capital Projects.
▪ Plan and manage the programme of works for all tasks associated with Capital Projects delivery in line with company standards
and relevant and UK / European legislation.
▪ Develop and manage a robust programme of works.
▪ Produce detailed programme of works/Gantt charts etc. using MS Project or other tools.
▪ Interrogate 3rd party vendor, contractor and consultant programmes.
▪ Produce monthly reports on progress, forecast completion and programme risks.
▪ Proven experience of programme analysis techniques and earned value management.
▪ Develop Technical Standards within the planning programme department.
▪ Assist with the development of budgets and forecasts for work.
▪ Liaise with other members of the Technical Team on company standards.
▪ Identify and select suppliers in line with relevant legislation and Agency procedures.
▪ Working knowledge of COMAH (control of major accident hazards, MOC (management of change), and CDM regulations.
▪ Previous experience of working within MAH environments.
▪ Previous experience of managing programmes for multiple site works.
▪ Previous experience in a similar role on projects of £20m+ total installed cost.
▪ Manage documentation/data/records within document management systems.
▪ Previous experience of procurement processes to support planning of the material management process to ensure materials are ordered and
delivered to site on time and to suit the overall project programme.
▪ Apply the Management of Change process for the life cycle of the project.
▪ Ad hoc projects and tasks on other projects as approved by the Line Manager.
▪ Ensure activities are in accordance with the Agency's accounting procedures.
o This includes the proper authorisation and timely submission of expenses.
▪ Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of assets, equipment, and materials for which the role has responsibility.
▪ Provide budget proposals for Project spends and work collaboratively with Finance to provide
management information for monthly reporting