Project/ Contract Manager - Energy (Construction Manufacturing)
We are thrilled to be recruiting EXCLUSIVELY for our client, a global specialist within construction manufacturing and high level construction project.
Due to rapid growth and projected business forecasting into 2025 we are looking for TWO Solar Project Manager (location flexible) to join our clients Energy Division at such an exciting time!
In your new role as their Project Manager you will be extensively involved with the management and overseeing of allocated projects from the point of contract through to successful completion of all site projects and solar panel installations. You will have complete control of budgets, H&S and delivery of quality projects. This role will be challenging and involves working closely with customers, sub-contractors, professional/commercial team and other departments within the business. Your total aim is to deliver multiple Solar PV renewable projects throughout the UK, Ireland and potentially Europe.
This is a perfect opportunity if you are looking to make the move from an independent contract business and join a career changing global leader within your discipline.
Your Role Will Involve
- To be responsible for the successful and on time delivery of key projects within the Energy UK & Ireland and elsewhere as may be required.
- Ultimate responsibility for the site H&S and understanding the businesses requirements under CDM2015.
- To work closely with internal team and external consultants to ensure projects are designed, priced and delivered efficiently whilst maintaining high quality throughout all projects.
- To undertake site surveys where necessary and appoint sub-contractors.
- To be directly involved with sales opportunities at sales stage where required, interface with the professional team in design team meetings and assist the customer in reviewing interface with other trades
- Effectively manage and prioritise projects to ensure project delivery schedules are met.
- Assist the design team with updating designs to ensure that site specific issues are captured.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers by providing excellent customer service.
- Communicate with key personnel and customers as required to ensure that customer service is delivered effectively and consistently.
- Provide weekly & monthly reporting to the Operations Manager on projects.
- Ensuring Projects are closed out effectively and on time and invoiced at the earliest opportunity.
- Manage contractual risk on a specific project by project basis.
- Ensure project documentation is drafted for distribution to customers.
- Any other tasks not mentioned, but are key to the role and requested by the line manager.
- To record all pertinent activities and correspondence in a contractual manner in order to reduce risk to Kingspan from potential contractual conflicts
- To mentor and assist colleagues generally in understanding Project Management processes.
As the successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience
- 3-5 Years on experience of Project Management or similar role.
- Solar or Electrical experience desirable.
- CSCS Card
- SSSTS or SMSTS
- Working at Height and Harness Training
- Asbestos Awareness Training
- Experience in using AutoCad advantageous.
- Experience of working in construction or similar based industry
- Experience of Contract Management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe and MS Project.
- Be highly organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work on own initiative, be highly motived, goal driven with a can do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Ideally previous experience of working in a project delivery type role
- Have the flexibility to work away from home, regularly traveling the UK and Ireland for site Visits
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
- £40,000 plus company car (or car allowance £6,000) with a 10% bonus
- 24 days plus all bank holidays
- Competitive pension contributions
- Career progression and development
- Travel expenses can be paid weekly or fortnightly
Please click on the link to apply ensuring your contact details are on there and your CV is fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Senior Recruitment Consultant