Project Support Manager
Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Project Support Manager to work out of Plymouth. The successful candidate will be based on a Comah regulated Fuel Terminal where they will interface between Project & Site based operating teams as well as the EPC Contractor. They will ensure the capital project is designed, constructed and commissioned to meet the company requirements whilst ensuring the site still operates as normal.
The role requires the post holder to have good working knowledge of CoMAH together with exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to forge strong creditable relationships with both internal and external stakeholders whilst having a focus on the delivery of the capital projects, identifying issues and recommending solutions to resolve the challenges that arise.
Capital Projects / Operations
- To be the main interface to align activities and liaise with the Management team and the Principal Contractor, specifically to de-conflict issues between site Operations and construction works.
- Accountable to ensure the work control interfaces are adequately defined and agreed; to ensure the Principal Contractor provides robust and adequate information to allow the complete Site Safety Report update.
- Liaise and support Engineers who are responsible to ensure new or upgraded equipment/assets are uploaded to the CMMS.
- Liaise and support the Operations Manager in the development of robust site operating procedures and associated training material.
- Develop robust commissioning processes and lead the operations team through commissioning and de-commissioning activities.
- Site Operator approval of the work control strategy within CDM area.
- Lead the work control strategy for works adjacent to, or within, Operational areas (Note: this role is not a permit issuer)
- Attend Hazard Studies and manage client actions.
- Ensure that all aspects of work are completed in full compliance with company standards and UK & European legislation and best practice.
- Liaise with contractor to minimise impact on local community stakeholders.
- Monitor works and perform field inspection works to determine compliance to agreed construction standards, risk assessments and commissioning process.
- Raise violations, issues and concerns with the Engineering Team.
- Manage documentation/data/records within document management systems.
- Be a key contributor in the Capital Projects Team, supporting the team to meet the project and team objectives.
- Ensure Capital Projects are commissioned fully, from an Operational aspect, in a compliant manner with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Ad hoc projects or tasks on other projects as approved by the Line Manager.
- Be part of the Duty Manager Rota.
- Ensure activities are in accordance with the company's accounting procedures.
- This includes the proper authorisation and timely submission of expenses.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of assets, equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
- Provide budget proposals for Project spends and work collaboratively with Finance to provide management information for monthly reporting.