Project Support Officer / Project Manager Assistant
£23,000 plus benefits
Our client, who is a professional engineering and advisory company, is seeking to appoint an ambitious, Junior-level, Project Support professional to join their team during a significant period of growth within their organisation.
There will be extensive opportunities to gain exposure to projects in highly complex and regulated industries, whilst also benefiting from support to gain professional qualifications; APM, Prince2 etc.
As a valued member of the project team, you will have the platform for an exciting and rewarding career within this dynamic organisation, who have a strong reputation in their industry, and have a culture of promoting employees from within.
The project support officer will support the delivery of assigned projects while following a path of continuous professional development. For the project support officer, responsibilities will include project tender support, project control activities and project quality documentation. The project support officer's responsibilities will grow with experience, these will be detailed within an agreed development plan.
The project support officer will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Supporting project manager in assigned projects, as well as effectively managing small to medium sized projects
- Maintaining effective communication between the project management team and other project stakeholders
- Attending project meetings and, when required, produce suitable minutes for issue to the project stakeholders
- Producing, monitoring and reporting project costs, progress, and forecasts to the project manager on an agreed timescale, e.g. weekly, bi-weekly, etc.
- Producing project quality documents in a timely manner at project inception and ensuring they are maintained for the duration of the project
- Ensuring the project filing system is maintained by performing internal audits when required
- Providing scheduling and cost estimate support to the business development team during the project tender phase, in support to the project manager
- Supporting project management processes, including and not limited to Learning from Experience (LFE) register, Risk Registers, resource management
In addition to the primary responsibilities of the role, a project support officer may also be required to fulfil the following tasks:
- To ensure project documents are submitted to clients in the agreed manner, with correct documentation; for example, with appropriate export licence
- To make travel arrangements for project visits, ensuring that these arrangements are communicated effectively through an itinerary when required.
- Work towards appropriate professional qualifications, e.g. APM, Prince2, etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Degree level education in maths, science, engineering or related analytical discipline (or equivalent work experience of 2+ years in a project-based environment)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Previous project team experience beneficial, but not necessary if degree level educated
- Personality traits: pro-active, good team player, self-motivated, organised individual
To apply for this role please follow the link, or contact me directly at Andy.Coppock@Russell-Taylor.co.uk