Proposals Manager - Humberside/Teeside
The Proposals Manager will be accountable for all aspects of pre-qualifications and tenders/proposals, supporting the successful delivery of the business' objectives for profitability and growth, in-line with the Company strategy.
* Responsible for recruitment and development of proposals personnel
* Implementation of standard estimating, cost control and management systems across the business
* Support in the development of the business strategy
* Review of commercial conditions during the tender phase, build-up of cost estimates and risk reviews
* Ensure Bid/No Bid Reviews are coordinated in a timely manner and outcomes recorded
* Strong liaison with Business Development, to ensure correct shaping of tenders and proposals for clients
* Strong liaison with all elements of the business to ensure effective bids are developed, including Construction Managers, Planning, HR, HSEQ, Facility Manager and intended Project Managers
* Develop whole-business approach to systems and bidding opportunities
* Chair regular meetings to review the status of future/present enquiries, outstanding bids and workloads, and communicate outcomes effectively to all stakeholders
* Lead bid proposals and tender negotiations with potential clients, and develop long-term relationships with key customers
* Develop contract specific commercial strategies
* Lead project commercial teams in contract management and administration
* Lead and manage effective project contract and commercial change control
* Implement regular project commercial reviews and audits
* Prepare business commercial and cost reports
* Interface with customers on main contract issues
* Ensure early warning of commercial problems and issues
The successful candidate will have experience of the above within an EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) organisation.
Must be located either Humberside or Teeside to work in either 1 of their offices in these locations.
Competitive basic salary plus a good package on offer.