PROPOSALS MANAGER - GLOUCESTERSHIRE
A global leader in the engineering, manufacture and application of insulation and passive fire protection systems to the offshore and onshore oil and gas industry, including subsea. Their high quality innovative solutions have been qualified and used worldwide by major companies including Total, ConocoPhilips, Chevron, BP as well as by their engineering contractors. They have enjoyed exceptional growth since the company started, growing from a UK company to a truly global one with offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East and America.
Working on the Subsea team, you will be responsible for supporting the sales process by preparing technical and commercial aspects of project tenders and managing the Proposal Engineers. Key responsibilities include;
* Work with sales, technical and operations to identify and develop engineered solutions
* Generate detailed technical and commercial proposals for submission to Client including work-up of pricing where necessary
* Follow the bid from enquiry to hand over to operations through the completion
* Complete commercial conditions and other bid clarifications
* Supervision of two proposal engineers
* Manage the reporting of bids won to sales and operations functions within the business
This role will suit someone with a strong background in estimating related to engineering, with a knowledge of sales processes. It would be preferable if you were from a Subsea background, although this is not essential. Other criteria include;
* Proven track record of collating and producing technical bid content
* Clear evidence of technical and commercial knowledge gained from a commercial/engineering background
* Knowledge of high value commercial tendering
* Understanding of costing processes, material selection and sourcing
* Able to review BOMS for cost analysis
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* High attention to detail
* Able to work to tight deadlines under pressure
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Reliable, responsible
* Excellent use of Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Adobe Acrobat
Package includes a competitive basic, Bonus, and strong pension.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global company and be instrumental part of the proposals team on their Subsea division.