Tendering / Proposals Engineer (Control Systems)
Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Proposals Engineer with a background and knowledge of control and automation systems.
The role is based at our Client's Rotherham office and will be working as part of the internal sales and proposals team, primarily preparing technical and commercial pre-qualifications and tenders for automation and control system solutions from received client specifications.
A background and knowledge of control automation systems is advantageous, particularly industry standard PLCs such as Rockwell, Siemens, GE, Schneider etc together with SCADA packages such as Wonderware, Cimplicity, iFix etc. Knowledge of industrial networking protocols and appreciation of cyber security is advantageous.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Evaluation of client PLC/SCADA/Communications/Instrumentation automation system pre-qualifications and request for quotation specifications
* Preparation of the most competitive and innovative system solutions to meet client specifications
* Interpreting customer requirements and speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs
* Preparation of technical and commercial tender documents
* Working closely with Commercial and Engineering colleagues during pre-sales activities
* Preparation of cost estimate spreadsheets for both engineering hours and materials required
* Develop and grow long term relationships with suppliers and liaise with them to understand solutions and obtain equipment costs
* Be a competent Office 365 user (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
* Be able to use the company CRM system
* Able to attend site surveys to gain additional information required to produce tender
* Assist external sales engineers as necessary
* Attend sales meetings as required
* Able to present to clients in a clear and confident manner
* Confident on telephone to both clients and suppliers
* Ability to research technologies / solutions on internet
* Assist with preparation of and updates to company marketing information / literature
* Assist with updating the company web site using WordPress
* Assist with updating sales forecast spreadsheets
Please follow the instructions below to apply: