Salary £ 25,000 PER ANNUM
Maternity Leave Cover (fixed term contract)
We are hiring a Purchasing Administrator to work with our client based in Bootle.
Our client is a sales, distribution and manufacturing company that has been successfully serving the UK and International market with pharmaceutical products for over 60 years.
YOUR ROLE SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- You will manage the day to day purchase process of raw materials and factored products.
- Manage all aspects of raw material purchase processes this will include analysis of MRP purchase order reports and process all necessary purchase orders required to fulfil the manufacturing schedule in a timely manner.
- Process all purchase orders using the most efficient process and payment method (Company account, Pro-forma invoice or individual company credit card) including those for: internal company components, consumable stock items, bought-in finished goods and semi-finished goods, sundry items, all Pharmaceutical studies. Where appropriate to ensure progress of all P.O. is kept up to date on SAGE with delivery date status.
- Ensure the master copies of the signed agreements, reside with the fixed asset records kept by the Purchase Ledger department in Finance.
- Manage and control expiry dates for all relevant warehouses and imported products, this will involve liaison with other departments (e.g. Customer Services, Production, Demand, QC etc.) and review of customer requirements.
- Maintain/create all Sage records necessary for the efficient running of the purchasing and warehousing systems including - current purchase prices, stock quantities and values, Inventory codes, Supplier details and price lists, and suppliers' Lead times and minimum balances (safety stock).
- Negotiate the best price/quality/service mix in accordance with a standard supply agreement. To ensure all our Suppliers warrant to us that they comply with all relevant legislation including Health and Safety, Environmental and Packaging regulations.
- Formally record, monitor and manage our suppliers' performance in accordance with our Supply Agreements. To raise complaints for under-performance and to take part in supplier audits from time to time.
- Manage and control stock import orders and estimate landed costs.
- Formally perform Vendor rating on selected suppliers.
- Ensure that all goods are received in good order and without discrepancies according to list series relating to inspection.
- Manage deliveries in line with service contracts by pro-actively chasing and sanctioning suppliers as necessary.
- Actively manage stock with a regular/rolling stock take programme, and to accurately denote and record any discrepancies in Sage Line 1000.
- Initiate preventative actions to stop recurrence of inaccuracies - this includes actively managing the physical integrity of our stock by for example restricting/controlling access to the Goods Inwards warehouse.
- Ensure issues to departments within the company are accurately and fully accounted for within Sage.
- Identify alternative sources of supply and keep an up to date contacts list, readily accessible, by material type.
- Deputise for the Logistics manager during periods of absence.
- Responsible for one member of staff namely Purchasing & Logistics Assistant this will include regular performance management and development programmes
*Undertake any other such activity as may be reasonably required by the company in the pursuance of its normal course of business.
YOUR DUTIES/ AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
You will ensure that:
- All work carried out on behalf of the company shall be done so in a safe and efficient manner, working under the H&S principles and procedures of the company at all times.
- All equipment and work wear is maintained according to manufacturer's instructions, are correctly used, and stored.
- All areas of the warehouses, offices and equipment are maintained in a clean, tidy and organised manner.
- 23 days holidays
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Monday to Friday
- Working hours: 9.0am to 5.00pm
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all your contact information and CV are fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Recruitment Consultant