Purchasing Administrator (Manufacturing)
£20,000 - £24,000 DOE
We are recruiting on behalf of our market leading client, a specialist in sports PPE.
This is a brand new permanet role to compliment the Purchasing Team as they're experiencing that 2022 is going to be an incredibly busy year!
This an exciting new role for Purchasing Administrator to join their Team in head office, based in Wrexham.
As our Purchasing Administrator you will work within the purchasing department and report to the Purchasing Manager.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Placing PO's in a timely manner
- Manage purchases for consumables stock and ensure replenishment orders are placed in a timely manner
- Plan appropriate quotes and purchases for standard production items to ensure materials are available to meet product on-time delivery
- Obtain approvals and samples, then raise and issue purchase orders to suppliers in good time
- Maintain and develop a good working relationship with our suppliers, working with the Purchasing Manager to foster continuous improvement in their performance and reliability.
- Manage the process for items being returned to suppliers due to poor quality, raising returns and new orders as appropriate.
- Complete purchase order acknowledgements and work with suppliers to minimise late deliveries, looking at purchase order priorities as necessary
- Call suppliers to check on despatch and delivery dates, to clarify requirements.
Previous Experience You Will Have:
- Minimum 1 -2 years working within in a purchasing/buying department within manufacturing.
- Use and understanding of ERP/MRP systems is desirable.
- Previous experience of carrying out general administrative duties.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player and good problem solver
- Have confidence to work alone
- Reliable and enthusiastic to do a good job
- Good numeracy and data entry skills, including use of computers (Excel and Word)
- A good working knowledge of Excel is a must
- Employee discount scheme
- Learning & development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Birthday hour
- Free fruit
- Gift for milestone birthdays or childbirth
- Yearly events hosted by our culture committee
- Monthly treats for performance targets met
- 1 hour home early on a Friday, drinks in the bar for team building rewards
- Office Time: 8am to 5pm ( Mon - Thu ) 8am to 2pm ( Fri )
Please click on the link to apply, ensuring your CV and contact details are thoroughly up to date.
We look forward to speaking with you.
Manufacturing Recruitment Consultant
Russell Taylor Group