Purchasing Assistant / Purchasing Ledger Clerk
Location: Stone, Staffordshire
Russell Taylor is actively recruiting a Purchasing Assistant to work for an oil and gas company based in Stone, Staffordshire. The ideal candidate should have strong planning, organisational and networking skills.
The company offers many benefits:
- Attractive salary
- Benefits package
- Opportunity for training and professional development
- Enjoyable and exciting career in a growing company
- 33 days annual leave
- 6% Employer Pension contribution
- Life insurance at 4x salary
- Free flu vaccinations
You will be:
- Raising purchase orders and preparing and submitting them to suppliers.
- Developing a close working relationship with the engineering team and production departments.
- Communicating with suppliers and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assisting the Procurement Manager in finding solutions to potential supply risks.
- Maintaining minimum stock levels in MRP.
- Investigating supplier queries or questions and communicate with the relevant departments until a resolution has been agreed.
- Generating daily, weekly and monthly reports.
You must have:
- Self-motivation and the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Strong planning, organisational, analytical, communication and networking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to build rapport and communicate appropriately at all levels.
- Numerical and financial acumen.
- A minimum of 5 A*-C at GCSE level.
- A high level of computer literacy including, SAP, and MS.