Assistant Buyer / Purchasing Coordinator (Engineering Manufacturing)
Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for ensuring bought-out materials are procured to the required specification having regard for quality, delivery, price and other contractual conditions. You will provide cost effective and strategic purchasing focused not only on price but on total cost of acquisition and added value.
Candidates must ideally be from a manufacturing/engineering background and be experienced in the use of MRP systems.
- Generate and issue purchase orders in line with MRP requirements
- Generate and issue Manual Purchase via the Purchase Requisition Process.
- Building and Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and internal team members.
- Price Negotiation.
- Inventory Management.
- Data Integrity.
- Quality of Incoming Goods.
- Request for Quotations (RFQ's).
- Health and Safety
- Team working
- In the absence of the Buyer Action MRP Order Report Daily (AM) and generate and issue purchase orders to suppliers via e-mail.
- Generate and issue manual purchase orders via the Purchase Requisition Process.
- Submit drawing and/ or technical specifications to suppliers and ensuring that quotations are received on time, and subsequent evaluation to ensure that all relevant business needs are met.
- Expedite purchase orders for direct and in-direct suppliers in a timely manner when required and where necessary inform the Supply Chain Manager regarding any delays / problems to ensure agreed delivery dates are met.
- Creation of stock codes and undertake regular general maintenance to ensure all data is correct.
- Generate and issue Corrective Action Reports to the suppliers and ensure they are returned within the defined dead-line.
- Sourcing and re-sourcing suppliers in line with the needs of the business.
- Carry out administrative duties as and when required.
- Adhere to health and safety policies and procedures and carry out all activities in a manner which is responsible and safe to yourself and others.
- Adhere to all company SOP's.
- Contribute positively to my team and company morale and spirit.
- Accept responsibility for the quality of your work and get it right first time.
- To carry out any other duties as requested.
Please click on the link to apply. Full contractual benefits will be disclosed at interview... all of which are highly competitive.