Role:- Purchasing Manager (Chemicals/Pharmaceuticals)
Location:- Greater Manchester
Russell-Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing Manager who has previously worked in the Science sector, or for a senior individual who is looking to take that next stage into a management role to join a growing Chemical and Life Science Manufacturing company in the Greater Manchester area.
We would consider candidates that meet the JD criteria or candidates that are currently in a senior role / experience purchasing role that have a minimum 5 years' experience in chemical /pharmaceutical purchasing role and a degree in Chemistry / Sciences (2.1 or higher). Salary range £35K - £45K.
- Develop and implement business plans/strategies for company growth.
- Take part in management meetings on a quarterly basis, this will include reporting and presenting to other senior members of staff.
- Set departmental objectives in line with the company goals. You will do this by holding monthly departmental meetings and delegating tasks to the correct individuals.
- Manage the day to day purchasing of stocks for resale- monitoring stock levels and re-ordering items when required.
- Mentor and motivate the team by holding one on one meetings, performance reviews and appraisals.
- Responsible for development of the company's supplier portfolio by developing existing relationships and identifying new suppliers to work with which will include negotiation of prices. This will then involve developing and maintaining the supplier database for use within the group
- Carry out supplier visits which will include compiling reports, auditing of sites and attending exhibitions.
- Monitor and maintain records of supplier performance in accordance with ISO accreditation.
- Responsible for being primary point of contact within company for all suppliers, including working with QA/ QC departments to ensure QC rejections are resolved from a commercial viewpoint and communicate with suppliers about status of QC rejections.
- Ensure the purchasing policy is updated to reflect changes in business needs
- Work closely with other purchasing departments to improve the streamline processes.
- Build a good relationship with an international overseas site.
- Science based degree or equivalent
- Previous experience working within a purchasing role within a Scientific industry (e.g- Chemical/Pharmaceutical)
- Previous auditing experience/ qualification (desirable)
- Previous experience in a leadership/management-based role
- Excellent IT skills Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & SAP
- Excellent punctuality
- Strategic thinking
- Initiative & Creativity
- Ability to create and deliver presentations