(FMCG Manufacturing background is essential)
Cheshire/Merseyside - £50,000 - £55,000
Are you looking for a new opportunity that will offer you an incredible and rewarding challenge? Do you want to work for an up and coming SME business where your opinions and experience will be fully utilised and current systems/processes will be challenged and implemented? Would you like to join a business where in the next 18 months will see you recruit your own team?
If YES... this could be the exact role and company for you.
Your New Role as our Purchasing Manager will mainly comprise of three important objective:
* Identifying, sourcing and negotiating the best raw materials, packaging, consumables and finished goods for the business.
* Improving our current purchasing systems and identifying areas of improvement
* Helping the company to save money and improving its supply chain and stock management.
Immediate Responsibilities and Hot Projects To Take On:
* Take over and enable a smooth handover from the incumbent Purchasing Manager, who is a contracted resource.
* Review our current purchasing arrangements and identify opportunities for improvement
* Develop effective working relationships with the key resources in the business.
* Develop and implement a Material Requirement Planning system to enable a more accurate and reliable purchasing function
* Partner with existing suppliers and developing effective working relationships
* Assess, manage and mitigate current and anticipated risks.
* Seek and partner with reliable new suppliers
* Work effectively with the Planning Manager and Production Manager to manage and respond with demands.
* Work effectively with our New Product Development Team and Technical Team to onboard new raw materials, packaging and consumables that are required to support and grow the business.
* Staying familiar with the company's purchasing needs and keep on top of orders
* Coordinating with various suppliers to get the best and most reliable deals with the best products.
* Regular communication with the senior executive team about buying positions and synergies
* Continuously comparing buys and negotiates to make sure the company gets the best possible prices on needed supplies
* Overseeing supply chain management and ensure that products are arriving effectively and on time.
* Communicating with suppliers and to make sure supplies get where they need to be when they need to be, even when a deadline is tight
* Developing and maintaining a network of suppliers in order to discover new opportunities for good deals on orders
* Forecasting demand for certain products and makes orders accordingly, especially depending on lead times.
* Checking inventory, tracks how inventory is used, and adjusts purchasing habits in accord with apparent trends, and ensuring regular reporting
* Ensuring that suppliers invoices are being processed in good time.
* Keeping a well-organised collection of contracts for easy reference when needed
* Attending meetings to stay up to date on the company's objectives
For you to be successaful in your new role as our Purchasing Manager you will have proven experience in the following 7 areas:
* Clear and proven experience as a Purchasing manager with a multi-million pound purchasing budget
* Proven experience and an impressive track record as a Purchasing Manager handling 100s of SKUs
* Strong knowledge in supply chain management
* Highly organised and excellent verbal and written skills
* Excellent negotiation skills and ability to influence at various levels
* Qualification in Purchasing - Preferably CIPS
* Strong inventory control experience
The desirable experience we would love for you to have are:
* Purchasing Management within an FMCG business
* Experience of MRP systems (SAGE) implementation and ERP Projects
* £50,000 - £55,000 Monday to Friday (some flexibility for travel purposes)
* 24 days annual leave
* Pension Scheme
* Incredible rewards and schemes to join
Full F&Bs will be disclosed following a successful interview.
Please click on the link to apply, ensuring all your contact details are correct and career history fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager