Purchasing / Buying Assistant
This is a fantastic opportunity join my clients business and be part of an interactive design and manufacturing company. We are looking for a Purchasing Agent to join their team based on the Wirral. Currently experiencing a continued period of growth so greater infrastructure is required to allow the company to maintain standards and run efficiently. You will form part of the Purchasing team reporting into the Head of Purchasing, and have proven experience in managing all aspects of MRP ordering and expediting inbound goods.
Your New Employer
At the forefront of interactive design and manufacturing, our client helps brands engage with customers in creative, innovative, dynamic and rewarding ways. Uniquely they look after the entire process from start to finish including initial concept design, production, implementation, support and maintenance.
The company journey from design agency to international manufacturer and supplier has been huge, and they acknowledge how much they have achieved through challenging work and dedication from their team. They take their people as seriously as they take their clients, their work and that they commit themselves to employee success from day one. They will do everything they can to ensure your time with them will be fun, productive and rewarding.
``Delivering Extraordinary`` is their company vision and their team deliver this in everything that they do.
Requirements In Your New Role
As the successful candidate you will have daily communication with commercial, production and design to ensure parts are available on time to meet production deadlines, as well as assess current material needs and to address any problems.
You will also chase suppliers and ensure communication with suppliers is sustained on a daily basis to ensure the flow of materials is maintained, as well as expediting parts to remedy shortage problems.
As the Purchasing Agent you will have proven experience within a similar role or have a purchasing or production planning background, while having the ability to work comfortably in a fast paced environment and resolve queries as and when they arise. They will be able to maintain an ERP system and be proficient in building rapport with suppliers and possess proven experience in controlling supplier relationship management.
- Run & Analyse MRP system to raise purchase orders.
- Expedite open purchase orders to ensure timely delivery and material availability.
- Familiar with Microsoft Navision ERP.
- Experience of working accurately to tight deadlines.
- Implement departmental strategies to deliver targeted benefits.
- Design and deliver against performance measures, including supply, cost and quality for clients.
- Manage supplier relations delivering performance in service, and quality.
- Control NCR returns process.
The successful candidate for the role will be to demonstrate:
- Very organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- 3+ years` experience in a Purchase Controller/Expeditor/planner role.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and negotiate both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage associated supply chain activities effectively and efficiently and in line with requirements.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel.
- Being open and flexible to change seeing it as an opportunity.
- Purchase Controller/Expeditor/planner: 3 years
If you want to join this dynamic company, pushing boundaries and creating amazing experiences, then please click on the link to apply.
I look forward to receiving your details.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager