Role:- QC Manager (HPLC, GC)
Russell-Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced hands-on QC Manager to join a Chemical and Life Science Manufacturing company in Manchester. It is a small team, so it is very much hands on deck working closely with the Chief Technical Officer to develop new ideas, manage a team and be the forefront of analytical techniques. This is brilliant chance to be involved with many aspects of the business and develop your skill sets even further.
- Manage a small QC team- managing the departments productivity, drive any changes and motivate the team.
- Provide input and manage the budget for the department.
- Lead any H&S matters- Ensuring that staff follow H&S rules for example keeping the lab organised and safe and writing risk assessments.
- Be analytically minded- develop testing methods HPLC, GC, titrators
- Maintain equipment - arranging for engineers to come out for repairs.
- Maintain records for calibration and any maintenance work.
- Monitor QC data (supplier CoAs & QC inbox)
- BSc in Analytical Chemistry or similar
- Previous experience in an analytical QC lab within a supervisory/management role
- Industry experience of organic chemistry & method development of HPLC, LCMS GC, Titrations
- Excelling with IT packages and previous experience of analytical software
- Experience of supporting and motivating colleagues
- Innovative & ready for a challenge- can identify any potential issues.