Type: Permanent, days Monday - Friday
Salary: £17,000 - £18,000 DOE
Working as a vital part of the QC testing team, the QC Microbiologist will be joining a Global organisation who are growing rapidly and expect growth to continue into 2019 and beyond.
The successful Candidate will gain furthered experience and training working in an UKAS accredited lab; and the chance to shine/develop as the company grows.
- To carry out microbiological testing and quality control procedures on finished products and raw materials according to the Standard Operating Procedures deployed within the Quality System.
- Prepare working cultures according to the Laboratory Code of Practice.
- Assist in any product investigations and evaluations when required.
- Calibrate and monitor laboratory equipment to required parameters.
- Prepare finished product samples for physical and performance testing.
- Maintain stock solutions and media.
- Assist in laboratory method revisions and data entry.
- BSc/ equivalent in Microbiology or closely related subject.
- Previous experience in similar laboratory role essential.
- Experience of working in a UKAS Accredited Laboratory preferred.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Organised and computer literate.