QC Microbiologist, Biotech
Location: Chester/ Deeside
Salary: CIRCA £18,000 - £25,000 DOE could pay more
Additional: 25 days holiday, death in service, private medical cover (after probation), pension, parking onsite
Hours: Days (Monday- Friday)
Our Client, a leading Biotech company are looking to expand their new Microbiology section by recruiting an experience QC Microbiologist. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a generous rewards package, furthered career scope in a Biotech - cGMP accredited setting and working an amazing state of the art facility.
Reporting to the TL onsite, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing and reporting of microbiology testing on all raw materials, intermediates and finished products following customer, company and regulatory/industry requirements
- Supporting the environmental monitoring and product testing requirements for bulk product manufacturing, including collection and processing of environmental monitoring samples and data analysis
- Performing routine tasks and other none routine activities required in support of quality control laboratory functions.
- Ensuring all testing performed is reported within the most efficient timeframe.
- Laboratory maintenance- housekeeping, self-inspections and stock control - support the re-order systems and communication with key suppliers.
- Data trending and performance of quality investigations
- Documentation of laboratory results in accordance with cGMP and company procedures.
- Ensure training status compliant with matrix requirements and to assist in training of laboratory and production staff.
- Maintain and improve knowledge of microbiological techniques
- Contribute to team building, training and problem-solving initiatives internally and cross site.
- Liaise with functional groups both within and outside QC as appropriate to ensure projects and plans are progressed
- Preparation and execution of laboratory protocols and reports, as assigned.
- Qualification of media, microbial techniques and relevant equipment.
- Ensure that all laboratory activities are in compliance with all Health & Safety Guidelines
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant/ Biology / Microbiology based discipline.
- Will have a significant amount of industry experience working as an Microbiologist in an Pharmaceutical or Contract Testing Lab.
- Essential Microbiology technical knowledge and techniques required.
- Will have an understanding if cGMP.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid use of IT systems, LIMS, Microsoft etc.