QC Microbiologist- Food
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 (DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE)
Russell Taylor is working exclusively with a Global Testing company,
The successful candidate will be provided with second to none training and given the chance to progress up the ranks - there is a contingency plan in place to ensure that there are goal posts in the form of career developments.
- To carry out analytical work including preparation of samples, preparation of test reagents (including but not limited to media preparation, preparation of interfering substances and preparation of appropriate neutralisers).
- To book in samples for testing.
- To complete various QA tasks (including but not limited to calibration checks of balances and pipettes and media validation).
- To monitor stock levels of consumables in the laboratory.
- To perform laboratory housekeeping duties.
- Any other activities that are deemed relevant
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant/ Microbiology / Biology type discipline (not Biochemistry or Biomedical)
- Suitable experience gained in a microbiology laboratory with UKAS or other quality standards in place.
- Understanding of the wide range of equipment used for analytical microbiological techniques.
- Problem solving ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Be able to work in a small close-knit team of like-minded people.