QC Scientist - ELISA/Cell.
Location: Wetherby, Yorkshire
Salary: Highly competitive
Our Client - a Global Drug Development company are looking to recruit for an experienced ELISA QC Scientist to work at their modern complex in Yorkshire and given the chance to work with some of the best technologies the industry can offer.
Working as part of the QC Laboratory, the QC Scientist routinely manages a number of assays pertaining to common techniques
- Working on single projects (for one or several related techniques), or be part of a larger cross-sectional project working in conjunction with a Lead Scientist
- Requirements may include, but are not limited to; (complex) assay transfer, validation, samples analysis, batch/release testing, and stability studies.
- Generating protocols and reports, preparing and reviewing analytical procedures, and be accountable for the approval and integrity of data and associated quality documentation.
- May also be required to act as a Study Director or Principal Investigator for GLP projects, or Responsible Scientist for GCP projects. The QC Scientist is therefore required to adapt to changing regulatory requirements, depending on project types.
- Providing internal Clients with a central scientific point of contact for techniques within their area of expertise.
- The QC Scientist will be responsible for overseeing the work of other QC Scientists where appropriate. They will be expected to train, coach and mentor members of the team and across functions as required.
- The QC Scientist will be required to perform (ELISA test based) lab work as required, and provide support with regards to general laboratory operations and processes, leading by example to members of the QC operations team.
The QC Scientist is required to have in-depth knowledge of the GMP/GLP/GCP and regulatory guidelines as they ensure that projects are carried out to the required standards, and that work is conducted in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements:
- Will be hold a Degree in a relevant Scientific discipline
- Will hold significant ELISA - Molecular based experience (5 years ideally)
- Will have a solid understanding of GMP/GLP and GCP experience