QC TECHNICIAN, Pharmaceutical - Science Graduate
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 17:00 Thursday, Friday8:00am - 13:00
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 DOE
Additional: Company Pension, 25 days holiday plus BH (increasing with service), Life assurance, Company bonus, Cycle to work scheme, parking onsite etc.
Our Client, a well known Pharmaceutical company based in Runcorn; is looking to recruit for a QC Technician to work in their QC Laboratory. The successful candidate will be joining a company very much on the up and with growth plans on the horizon they will gain invaluable skills.
- To support the QC Team with routine administrative tasks and laboratory technician activities
- To perform basic testing and assessment of raw materials, packaging components, in-process materials and finished products
- To assist with QC analytical data management to support reporting and process improvement
- To work effectively within the QC department to ensure regulatory compliance and business requirements are met
- Basic testing and assessment of packaging materials, raw materials, in-process samples and finished products
- Coordinating the raw material and finished product systems within the laboratory to ensure deadlines are met
- Documentation control within the QC laboratory
- Liaising with external contract laboratories and ensuring samples are sent efficiently.
- Assist in the co-ordination of sample through put for Stability
- Filing of completed paperwork and management of the retain sample system
- To communicate any problems/queries to the Quality Control Manager.
- Ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of the work area and to ensure a standard of good housekeeping in all areas of the Company.
- A levels in a Scientific Discipline, will ideally hold an BSc in a Scientific related subject
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills, experience with Microsoft office essential
- Decisive thinker able to work within agreed timescales
- Methodical, organised and have an excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working in Quality Control role within the Food or Pharmaceutical Industries in a GMP or ISO17025 accredited laboratory NOT ESSENTIAL
- Experience of basic analytical techniques and laboratory equipment NOT ESSENTIAL
- Knowledge of EU quality related pharmaceutical and food regulations NOT ESSENTIAL