Helping to Plan and Develop systems and procedures to improve the operating HSE efficiencies within the UK business and specifically the central QHSE department
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Willing to travel 1-2 days a week and liaise between multiple sites but based centrally at the clients midlands base.
Ideally from a Engineering background or with engineering experience.
- Assist the UK QHSE Manager in the continued maintenance of a safe working environment for all staff at all UK Trescal sites, travelling to sites as required in performance of duties.
- Monitor, measure and report on compliance with all HSE legislation applicable to the company's activities.
- Investigate incidents and accidents and report results to UK QHSE Manger.
- Controlling and supervising HSE procedures whilst preventing occupational risk.
- Run toolbox talks whenever necessary and upon request of the QHSE Manager.
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy-making as required.
- Perform internal and external HSE audits.
- Provide interpretation of HSE legislation, enforce HSE legislation.
- Source timely and competent advice from regulatory authorities as may be appropriate.
- Assist the UK QHSE Manager in the continued maintenance of ISO accreditations.
- Work as part of a team to promote and maintain QHSE policy throughout the company.
- Any other function requested by the QHSE Manager.
- Qualified to or working towards a minimum of NEBOSH General Certificate.
- At least two years' experience in a HSE function role, knowledge of ISO 14001, ISO 9001 standards will be advantageous.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office programmes, document management systems and approved procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to bear high levels of responsibility and accountability.
- Able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgement, experience, and common sense.
- Able to work independently and prioritize own work load.
- Able to build a working relationship with customers and internal personnel based on respect and good rapport.