This is an entry level role for a school leaver with an interest in Science and/or Quality.
- To ensure daily quality checks are carried out for balances and temperatures
- To ensure that the pipettors are calibrated
- To check the ioniser unit on a daily basis
- To keep accurate records of quality checks
- Maintaining and updating databases
- Maintenance of equipment records
- Assisting with any other QA duties
- Ad hoc calibration work, as required
- Undertaking routine audits
- Collation and review data from relevant Proficiency Testing Schemes
- To work in a professional and safe manner
- To advise others to work in a professional and safe manner
- To ensure that the laboratory areas and work surfaces are free from clutter, and any spillages on the bench, floor and especially the instruments are immediately cleaned up.
- To assist others in the performance of their duties if trained in that area of operation and if time allows.
- To ensure that samples are returned to the appropriate storage area after testing
- Maintenance of confidentiality
- To comply with all the Health and Safety and ISO14001 requirements of your role, and perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Chemtest Business.
- Organisational Skills
- Results Focus
- Self Motivation
- Technical Competence
- GCSE's (English, Maths and Science) or equivalent
- A level - Science or equivalent
- 6 months relevant work experience - minimum
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with relevant instrumentation (particular to each department)
- PC literate - Basic
- Relevant analytical experience
- Numerical & verbal reasoning