Working from home and on site.
The End client are the UK's largest Gas Distribution Company owning and operating four of the eight UK Gas Distribution Networks across the East of England, London, North West and West Midlands; spanning over 131,000 kilometres of pipes. They transport gas safely and reliably to 11 million homes across their networks and operate the Gas Emergency Helpline for the whole of the UK.
Our client is appointed as the Organisation to manage the planning and delivery of the annual network investment programme for the East of England Network to replace around 700 kilometres per year of existing metal pipe by PE pipe. This will involve around 600 work schemes per year. Work schemes can be of varied length and duration and the location of live worksites will change as the work is delivered. The region is a geographically large one.
The gas network construction work is done by a number of Local Partners
Quality for both of these involves:
a) Correct delivery of the planned work in accordance with company and CMO procedures, the agreed work schedule and scheme drawings provided by Cadent
b) Good technical quality in accordance with the relevant company and gas industry standards, including good electrofusion joints, and a very low level of rework
c) Good interaction with customers who are having the supply to their properties interrupted and a good standard of site housekeeping
d) The accurate provision of data through the ITP and other methods
The local partners are required to provide a Quality Plan and an Inspection and Test Plan for review and approval that satisfies the requirements of templates issued by the Operational Quality Manager. These plans may need to be amended from time to time.
a) Review the local partners quality plans and ITPs and, by means of feedback to the LDPs, ensure that these documents are updated as appropriate
b) Undertake training of local partners personnel as appropriate about these documents and overall client quality expectations
c) Ensure that the ITP is populated with accurate data by the LDP at least once per week per site.
d) Carry out a separate surveillance ITP on each site on a risk-weighted basis, typically every one or two weeks. This will involve a substantial amount of travel and the use of the CtrlHub portal and its documents and forms.
e) Review the quality data from the clients ITP and the partners ITP and discuss any identified quality issues and assist the local partner to undertake corrective and improvement actions
- Liaise with the Quality Manager on these activities and to provide reports as required
- Attend meetings as required both online and in person
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Quality Management System and related systems such as CtrlHub
- This role will include some working from home, but will involve a large amount of travel. Car allowance or a car TBC. Client will provide a tablet computer and IT access sufficient for the role which will involve extensive interaction with Hub and the recording of ITP results
Key Tasks & responsibilities
- Promoting a positive Quality culture
- Representing the Client externally as the local Quality representative, including attending meetings as required
- Undertake site visits
- Carry out audits as required
- Interfacing with and providing reports and expertise to the Quality Manager and to Engineering on Quality related matters