My client are a main building contractor that operate nationally from multiple offices around the UK. Due to an increase in work load my client is looking for an experienced Quality & Environmental Manager to join their health and safety team.
Main Purpose: To ensure that both new and existing procedures conform to the principles of good environmental practice and legislation and satisfy ISO 14001 & 9001 accreditation criteria. To monitor waste production and control and ensure the Company meets all required legislation and standards. To monitor and advise on the Company's energy usage and CO2 emissions.
- Source final destination of waste arising from construction operation at the most economic rate.
- Oversee the Waste Transfer Station and be suitably WAMITAB qualified.
- Arrange soil tests and arrange waste disposal destination in accordance with Environment Agency and local authority's requirements and monitor quantities of material arising from contaminated site as required.
- Ensure site is validated in accordance with Environmental Protection Act and the requirements of project funders and clients.
- Monitor waste produced on site and report to Board Directors, Directors, Contract Managers and to Project/Site Managers.
- Produce Environmental Files for each project, to include specific Waste Management Plans & Environmental Impact reports.
- To ensure sites meet BREEAM requirements and will for individual projects produce reports on waste (amount/type etc.), produce reports on energy usage and CO2 production for the BREEAM Submission and close out the specific Site Waste Management Plan.
- Educate staff and subcontractors on best practice approach in relation to environmental and quality issues to include performing inductions to new start employees when applicable to role.
- Carry out Environmental and Quality Assurance audits when required, monitor audit results and identify any trends and advise on any preventative or corrective measures to be adopted.
10.Liaise with consultants, councils and Environment Agency and NHBC to ensure site is acceptable and conforms with site end use requirements.
11.Produce site specific Environmental Plans and discuss with Contract and Site Managers and monitor implementation thereof.
12.Produce project specific Quality Plans and discuss with Contract and Site Managers and monitor implementation thereof.
13.Produce and agree method statements for waste disposal from site. Management of in-house waste disposal facilities.
14.Identify and implement new methods of processing waste on site and via transfer stations.
15.Establish a database for sourcing suppliers of the waste disposal service required.
16.When required produce and co-ordinate planning applications regarding waste management facilities and file all correspondence.
17.Provide information to Estimating and Business Development team in relation to environmental and sustainability issues for Bid submissions.
18.Produce quarterly reports to Environment Agency on company waste management facilities.
19.Advise Main Board Directors of new environmental legislation that is applicable to the Group.
20.Produce and file risk assessments in accordance with Health & Safety Advisors relevant to waste disposal operatives.
To apply for the position please email your CV to email@example.com or contact me on 0151 737 5560.