As the Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring relevant customer standards are understood and adhered to in order to meet the traceability requirements of Nuclear Quality Grade 1 contracts. The role will include the inspection and release of bespoke manufactured components within the company's supply chain together with the inspection of completed electrical control panels. Previous experience of working in a nuclear supply chain or other highly regulated industry would be advantageous but not essential.
- Actively work with project staff in promoting continual improvement in Quality Assurance performance
- Participate in the setting up of new projects to ensure customer QA requirements are understood, communicated and met both by the company and our suppliers.
- Develop Quality Assurance documents to meet the customers build and lifetime quality record requirements.
- Work with customers inspectors when reviewing product and quality records
- Complete internal and second party audits to ensure compliance with customer requirements is maintained
- To liaise with clients on matters of Quality Assurance and attendance at clients meetings when required
- Participate in the approval and monitoring of suppliers and contractors which are used within company or on client's sites
- Assist suppliers in the development of processes and Manufacturing Inspection Test Plans to meet customers requirements.
- Work with the QESH Manager to identify and facilitate continuous improvement
- Support the QESH function when providing business development with pre-qualification and tender information
- Takes ownership and accountability
- Professional approach
- Knowledge of NDT weld and paint inspection
- Approachable manner
- Team Player - Work as part of an extended team within the company
- Ability to plan ahead, co-ordinate and prioritise workloads
- Must be prepared to travel
- Good administration skills and computer literate
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Not afraid to challenge deviations in a diplomatic manner
- Ability to influence, organise and motivate others
- Manufacturing experience within a lean environment
- Willingness to travel and work away when required
- Must be able to attain UK Security Clearance (Project is subject to SAL)
- Driving licence
- Worked on QC grade 1 projects
- Experience / knowledge of RCC-E requirements
If you would like to discuss this position further, then please contact Anna.