As the quality engineer, you will coordinate the activities required to meet these quality standards. Working closely with the Production and Engineering Departments you will identify and improve quality issues, reduce expense and failed customer interactions. Utilising your experience to investigate root cause and implement robust and sustainable process improvement.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- To ensure regular auditing is carried out internally as required, ensuring adherence to company standards and compliance with business accreditations.
- To continually monitor and report internal rejections and customer complaints, to instigate root cause and corrective action to promote waste reduction and continuous improvement.
- To further develop and administer the concession system, ensuring clear controls are in place to maintain and improve levels of customer satisfaction.
- To review and set Quality standards within the production area
- To ensure that all quarantine material obtains rework / disposal status within a specified time limit, managed through the stock database.
- To review, investigate and resolve customer complaints, visiting the customer where necessary.
- To review, update, maintain and improve the Quality documentation and Database.
- To meet Quality Group Objectives.
- To liaise with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers, including site visits for auditing and approval.
Skills and attributes
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Planning and prioritising activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present data effectively.
- Strong work ethic, honesty and integrity
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Proven experience of using lean tools e.g six sigma, 8d and 5 why's
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in a Quality role
- Certificate/Diploma in quality management
- Knowledge of the application and development of processes to international management system standards including ISO9001: 2015
- Training/education certificates related with ISO/quality