- Be in control of Quality Management System (QMS) in compliance with ISO-9001 and other management systems as required.
- Compliance with client Engineering and Technical Specifications, and any other specified requirement.
- Be in control a team of compliance engineers, NDE operators and administration support staff on a project basis.
- Build long term beneficial relationships with companies clients/suppliers.
- Compile monthly reports based on the latest QMS objectives and measures.
- Investigate non-conformances/customer complaints closing out the issue in a timely manner and implement suitable corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Allocate resource for any off-site supply chain inspections and tests.
- Review and approve supplier documents for the management of quality.
- Attend quality related forums/meetings in support of quality improvement initiatives.
- Represent company when required at project meetings in support of the companies project team.
- Ensure installed works are handover in a timely manner and all associated quality records are provided concurrent with the handover process.
- Leadership and motivation by example and deliver team briefings, toolbox talks, etc, which support a "right first time" quality culture.
- Some travel will be necessary to manage supply chain activity and support other projects/sites as required.
- Put together and manage the inspection, test and compliance regime to be applied to a project by reference to the project specifications and associated documents.
- Approval of project quality plans, inspection and test plans, special process procedures, etc for the execution of a project, liaising with the client to gain their input and approval.
- Key an eye on key suppliers ensuring compliance with company requirements.
- Internal and external quality audits in accordance with company procedures.
- Continued work on third-party certification to ISO-9001 and other management system standards.
- Have the ability to investigate, resolve and implement corrective/correction/preventative actions relating to quality issues.
Be a point of contact with the client when inspection and tests during installation and in the supply chain are required and goods require formal acceptance prior to despatch.
- Strong knowledge of inspection and test techniques including QA/QC knowledge and managing the handover process.
- Build client relationships ensuring compliance with specified standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of quality standards and industry specifications for ductwork construction and associated ventilation equipment.
- Develop the company QMS ensuring compliance with the latest National, European and International standards.
Highly Desirable (not essential)
- Audit / Lead Auditor Qualified.
- UK security clearance including disclosure Scotland (baseline minimum).