Support other quality functional related activities and areas including the business management systems and operational quality teams. Key Activities / Decision Areas
Undertake and report on a wide variety of tasks within the quality team. Tasks include but are not limited to supporting quality department with the following;
Define, Implement and Manage Quality related activity within the department such as;
- Analysis and flow down of customer quality requirements
- Produce monthly quality related KPI’s for Board Report
- Maintain quality registers/ records (Eye test, Stamp, Scrap, Quality Alerts, Tool Box Talks)
- Carry out routine Patrol Inspections of the manufacturing facility to ensure all documentation (Route Cards /MITP’s/Quality Plans) is con-current with build / manufacturing process.
- Manage the NCR system, hold weekly review meetings with the project teams to progress closure of NCR’s, produce KPI to track progress of NCR’s.
- Support the Quality Management team with continuous business improvement activities.
- Carry out Despatch Audits as required by the business.
- Support customer audits and inspections
- Liaising with customers and suppliers on quality concerns, surveillance visits, audits final release etc.
- Act as in-house council to provide guidance and solutions to other internal functions when quality concerns and queries arise.
- Contribute to other operational quality and business systems activities to ensure continuing compliance to ISO 9001,14001, other adopted standards and customer requirements;
- Leading process problem solving, internal non-conformance control, root cause analysis and investigations
- Conducting preventive Action and quality awareness activities and initiatives
Essential role related knowledge, technical skills, qualifications and experience:
- Minimum NVQ level 3 or equivalent in a technical subject
- Must be able to understand technical engineering standards and specifications to be able to assure product and processes are conforming
- Knowledge of BS EN ISO 9001 (BS EN 14001 also useful)
- Minimum 1 year background experience in Quality Engineering ideally from nuclear, aerospace, or oil and gas engineering and manufacturing industry.
- Quality planning, Change management and process development
- Data analysis, Investigation and Problem solving
Technical Report writing and presentation
- QA tools and techniques such as Pareto, Fishbone, 5 why, Kaizen
- Self-motivated to be able to work with minimum supervision and able to use own initiative to provide solutions to problems and form working teams.
- Excellent team player for working with colleagues and customers at all organisational levels effectively and to build relationships and influence others to achieve key objectives
High level of IT Skills; in particular Microsoft Office suite