Here at Russell Taylor, we are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work for a leading system integrator within the transmission and distribution sector.
Summary of Role:
* Supporting the Project Manager, responsible for the delivery and financial outcome of a project ensuring such activities are in line with the Commercial Strategy and meet all operational, financial, commercial, legislative standards and targets.
* Provide support to Projects and tenders for all commercial activities.
* Responsible for open and adequate communication with the Project Manager, Project teams and Business Manager
* Bid strategy: Supporting the bid process, particularly identifying any significant risks within enquiry documentation, terms and conditions and similar.
* Contractual: In accordance with the Project requirements, manage all contractual change control including timely agreement with customers and subcontractors. Contractual issues to be managed with the Project Manager, supported by the Senior Quantity Surveyor as necessary
* Supply Chain: Building positive relationships with subcontractors and ensuring subcontracts are properly let. Ensure Financial and Contractual Control of Sub Contractors accounts, assessing and agreement of variations and assessing and settling of final accounts all in accordance with Company Procedures.
* Projects: Contributing positively to the effectiveness of project team commercial performance to include: priming Project Managers and their teams on key risks/opportunities in customer contracts, effectively participating as necessary in validation of projects won and interrogating and reporting periodic reviews of forecast profit, turnover and cash receipts for all projects together with active risk and opportunity management.
* Reporting: Manage all potential and actual changes to the scope of work, ensuring all variation orders are received and costs are agreed at the appropriate time. Prepare comprehensive information and assess the impact on cost change, installation periods and project completion. Advise client at the earliest opportunity including the provision of correct notices within the required timescales.
* Control: Preparation and submission of Interim application for payment, analysing payment notices and monitoring cash receipts. Progress recovery of outstanding debts and resolution of financial exceptions. Prepare and produce ongoing cost reconciliation and monthly project forecast reporting
* People: Develop proactive and appropriate relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; to provide the appropriate guidance to make good business decisions
* Must be able to attain UK Security Clearance,
* Driving license
* BA or BSc Degree
* RICS , CIOB or equivalent membership preferred
* NEC 3 / 4 experience
* UK Born National (Security requirement)
* To have successfully completed a minimum of 5 years as in a similar role, working with a project team and with the clients' surveyor, in a main contracting or project delivery environment, with experience of working with NEC3/NEC4 contract forms
* Confident and capable and able to work accurately under own initiative and within a team environment
* Ability to learn quickly, understand client requirements and translate these into an effective solution.
* Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
* Have good communication skills
* Willingness to own workstreams
Benefits Package on offer
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Company Stakeholder pension
* 4 x annual salary Life Assurance
* Private Medical Insurance
* Professional Membership Fees paid
* Childcare Voucher Scheme
* Flexible working policy
* Staff discount scheme