£55k + package (negotiable)
My client are a large-scale main contractor, who focus on the design and build of commercial offices and data centres. Due to an increase in workload and an extensive pipeline of works, they are looking for Quantity Surveyors to join their team.
Soon to be expanding into the pharmaceuticals and defence markets, it is an exciting time to join this main contractor.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring an optimum return for the company
- Advising site management and other departments of the Company's contractual rights, remedies, and obligations under the Contract
- Monitoring all cost expenditure; and work with site management to implement cost controls as and when needed
- Develop a good knowledge in quantity surveying skills and practice
- Attain an understanding of the Contract Documents and tender
- Ensure all subcontractors are properly prepared and signed off before making any payments
- Liaise with the Project Manager regarding any contractual issues, cost overruns and their possible effect on profitability
The successful Quantity Surveyors will:
- Be qualified to a minimum of HND standard
- Be MRICS &/or MCIOB members (desirable)
- Have a minimum of 3 years site experience working on building and construction projects in excess of £1m.
- Have a working knowledge of ECC and JCT contracts
- Have a good understanding of cost / value process and reporting
For more information on this role, or to apply, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org / 0151 737 5560 / 07790827676