Permanent- £competitive Car package+ pension
My client is a leading housing contractor and Due to an increase in workload they are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team. You will have previous experience ideally working for a high spec house builder, working with of procurement, sub-contractors, cost and preparation of budgets.
The successful Quantity surveyor you will be commercially astute and be involved in all pricing works throughout the North West. As a Quantity Surveyor you will need to have excellent prioritisation and organisational skills. The quantity surveyor must have experience of pricing building materials for new build projects and worked on multi high spec housing schemes. The successful Quantity surveyor will be proactive and work to their own initiative, working as part of a large team.
- Liaising with Operations Manager
- Value engineer projects and suggest delivery solutions to ensure cost effective project delivery
- Commercial management of projects to ensure they are completed within budget
- Carry out tender analysis, sub-contractor procurement including management and payment of sub-contractor accounts
- Attend and provide cost input at design team meetings and agree strategies to deliver the project
- Reviewing any subcontract absence/levels with site team
- Setting project-specific budgets and issuing to operations team
- Producing cost value reports for all projects under your control
- Reviewing site performance and output with Site Manager to ensure that the program is met
- Ensuring that the project-specific order documents are fully checked prior to commencing on site
- Provide accurate, real time, monthly reports (Cost Value Reconciliations) and final outcome forecasts
- Reviewing any potential delays to the contract and issue relevant notice correspondence to clients and subcontractors
- Monitoring the issue of any RFI, CVI and site instructions and ensure that they are being valued accordingly
- Preparing any financial accounts and obtaining any agreements in writing
- Monitoring current spend on labor and producing necessary reports
- Must have a minimum of 3-4 years' experience
- Thorough understanding of quantity surveying in the house building industry
- Full driving licence essential
Health & Safety:
- Taking reasonable care of your own H&S and that of others
- Ensuring that your own H&S training is up to date
This is an excellent job opportunity to join a leading developer with an excellent reputation within the industry.
To apply please email your CV to Lauren.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 0151 737 5560.