Quantity Surveyor Estimator
Salary: Negotiable - Depending on level of experience.
My client are a Global leading Facility Management Company that is well established in the market place. Due to an increase in recent contracts my client are looking to strengthen their North of Scotland Commercial Team with an accomplished Quantity surveyor to drive continued expansion within the region.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have proven experience in managing all costs relating to building projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. As a Quantity Surveyor you will seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. This includes ensuring statutory building regulations are met.
The successful Quantity surveyor will work ever at head office or on site. The Quantity Surveyor will be involved in a project from the start, preparing estimates and costs of the work. When the project is in progress, you'll keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
- perform risk, value management and cost control
- prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- Advise on a procurement strategy
- provide advice on contractual claims
- analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
- value completed work and arrange payments
- undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies
- identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- prepare and analyse costings for tenders
- allocate work to subcontractors
- maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
- enable clients to initiate construction projects
- Advice on the maintenance costs of specific buildings
If this sounds like the development opportunity you are looking for, please email your CV to email@example.com or contact me on 0151 737 5560.