£40k - £45k + Company Car /Car allowance
My Client are Leading house building contractor based in the Warrington area and are well known for their build quality, and with their reputation within the sector, this house builder continues to go from strength to strength and due to an increase in developments in the Northwest area they are looking for a Quantity surveyor to join their team.
As Quantity Surveyor you should have a minimum of 3 years' experience, ideally working for a house builder. The ideal candidate would be an established Quantity Surveyor who remains keen to be a part of a rapidly growing commercial team where further progression opportunities are inevitable once proving your skills within the company.
The purpose of the role is to provide effective commercial management and control of projects, and to administer these in line with the applicable contract terms/statutory legislation. Working as part of a successful team, this business can offer ambitious candidates the opportunities to further develop their career and push on for promotions.
What will you be responsible for?
- Carrying out accurate build cost assessments of acquired land; maintain budget control throughout development; and manage cost overruns within tolerance levels.
- Accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development.
- Analysing and reporting on costs and cash flow vs budget
- Create systems and processes, allowing effective measurement of commercial performance
- Undertaking accurate viability/feasibility studies to support decision-making in site acquisition and development.
- Preparing tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods and materials
- Evaluating and agreeing variations and instructions.
- Liaising with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity.
- Using a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors and the supply of goods and materials in line with Group policy and procedures.
- Provide financial information to the team as required to assist in financial planning
- Promoting and acting in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
- Provide accurate, real time, monthly reports (Cost Value Reconciliations) and final outcome forecast
The ideal candidate will have an excellent attention to detail and the confidence to deal with sub-contractors first-hand. Commercial awareness is an absolute must, alongside the ability to make the company as profitable as possible.
To apply please email your CV to Lauren.email@example.com or contact me on 0151 737 5560