Location: Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire & Warrington areas
We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor for in the Manchester, Liverpool, Warrington and Lancashire areas for 3 well-established companies that specialise in main contracting and regional contracting. These are excellent opportunities with a competitive salary depending on experience.
Key Job Requirements in the business, the main elements of which are:
- providing commercial support to Design and Contract Staff;
- preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;
- preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts and contra charges;
- preparing sub-contract enquiries and order documentation;
- re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
- preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
- preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates;
- monitoring costs to ensure budgets are met;
- preparation of contract claims information;
- evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
- checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
- setting up and maintaining contract files;
- reporting of contract accounts to Contracts Manager/Commercial Manager;
- ensuring contract cash flow is maintained;
- preparing turnover and profit forecasts;
- management of Junior staff and immediate control of commercial team
- carry out tasks as assigned by the Commercial Director, Manager or Regional Managing Director from time to time. This will be in accordance with the level of training skills and abilities which the job holder has or indeed achieves.
You will have a degree/HND or equivalent, ideally in Quantity Surveying. You will have substantial experience as a Quantity Surveyor for a main contractor or a specialist contractor.
You will have high standards of numeracy, oral and written communication skills and be able to demonstrate a capability to organise and prioritise workloads effectively and on own initiative. Membership to a professional body is desirable not essential.
If you are interested in this position please apply now with an up-to-date CV or contact Rebecca Roberts on: 0151 737 5560 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.