Quantity Surveyor / Project Quantity Surveyor
I have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Quantity Surveyor to work on a £40m+ new build mixed use high rise residential scheme in Liverpool.
The contractor is well established and has an excellent reputation for delivering high quality PRS, Student accommodation and high rise residential developments. They have a fantastic forward pipeline of work and are set for a very busy 2019.
The successful Candidate will have proven New Build/Construction experience working for a main contractor on project values ranging from £10million to £30million, with any High rise Residential projects worked on in the past being of strong advantage.
Key Job Requirements in the business:
- providing commercial support to Design and Contract Staff;
- preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;
- preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts and contra charges;
- preparing sub-contract enquiries and order documentation;
- re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
- preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
- preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates;
- monitoring costs to ensure budgets are met;
- preparation of contract claims information;
- evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
- checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
- setting up and maintaining contract files;
- reporting of contract accounts to Contracts Manager/Commercial Manager;
- ensuring contract cash flow is maintained;
- preparing turnover and profit forecasts;
- management of Junior staff and immediate control of commercial team
- carry out tasks as assigned by the Commercial Director, Manager or Regional Managing Director from time to time. This will be in accordance with the level of training skills and abilities which the job holder has or indeed achieves.
- Qualified to minimum of HNC In Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Quantity Surveying
- Degree qualified in relevant area desirable.
- Previous experience working for a main contractor ideally on high rise residential schemes
You will have high standards of numeracy, oral and written communication skills and be able to demonstrate a capability to organise and prioritise workloads effectively and on own initiative. Membership to a professional body is desirable not essential.
If you are interested in this position please apply now with an up-to-date CV or contact Rebecca Roberts on: 0151 737 5560 or email@example.com for more information.