Role: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £50,000 plus Car allowance, Benefits & T&S
Our client, who is a Top Tier Engineering & Construction Contractor, is seeking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor to join their established team based in Cumbria, working on Major Projects within the Nuclear sector.
- In the role of Quantity Surveyor you will contribute to achieving the appropriate commercial result through the provision of accurate financial reporting.
- Manage subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually, in order to secure full entitlements under the contract.
- Understand fully the customer's needs and ensure effective relationships are built and maintained by consistently high customer service and on site delivery Provide support to the site team on contract requirements.
- Identify, secure and deliver the business forecast in both turnover and margin.
- Place subcontract orders in accordance with the main contract and manage subcontractor accounts ensuring payments are timely and correct and any other commercial issues are resolved.
- Monitor subcontractor against programme Obtain the most competitive quotes by understanding current market trends.
- Assist in the production of cost value reconciliation reports and forecast cash recovery and ensure that both are kept In line with target.
- Ensure applications for payment and invoices are completed and submitted to ensure payment is made to terms and within work in progress (WIP) and cash targets.
- Ensure compliance with all contractual requirements.
- Monitor internal expenditure against budget Maximise efficiency of reporting techniques/systems.
- Seek opportunities to maximise value and minimise costs in line with company values.
- Operate the systems that are in place to provide the information necessary to manage the contract.
- Implement and monitor all systems and procedures and ensure effective operation.
- Ensure all customers and stakeholders have an exceptional customer service and work to achieving perfect delivery on all projects.
- Promote, encourage and manage effective team work Support and coach other team members' commercial and contractual awareness.
- Liaise with the customer, customer representatives and other third parties on commercial issues, including agreement of variations, claims and additional payments.
- Financial closure of projects ensuring all costs and value are allocated in correct systems in accordance with financial timetable.
Required Knowledge & Qualifications
- HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline).
- RICS accredited.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting.
- Practical knowledge of various relevant forms of contract.
- Understanding of period cost reporting and comparison with budget/forecast.
- Previous experience with COINS.
- Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates, accrual calculations and value allocation.
- Knowledge of the procurement of sub-contractors.
- Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors with little supervision Knowledge of effective cost allocation management.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to Andy.Coppock@Russell-Taylor.co.uk