I am currently recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to join a housing contractor based in the Liverpool area.
This is an exciting time of growth for the business and increased workload has led to this vacancy.
The successful candidate will be tasked to plan, control, manage and ensure effective administration of the commercial and financial aspects of all contracts while ensuring complete compliance with the contract outlines. You will be reporting to the Managing Director and have the potential for huge career progression. This is a small contractor so the QS will take on a wider role in helping with Buying and land appraisals.
- Maintain and develop commercial processes and procedures and to maximise returns in terms of profit.
- Manage and reduce unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Maximise cash flow through valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
- Final Accounts management including variations, claims and disputes.
- Financial forecasting for use in setting targets and managing the business.
- Monitoring resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets.
Experience and Qualifications:
- You will have experience of working within the Construction industry on Housing projects
- You will have sound knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of Contract.
- You will be degree qualified or equivalent
In return you will have the opportunity to work for a growing local contractor on interesting local schemes. You will also receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package and huge opportunities for progression.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this role please apply now or contact Aisling Ward on 01517375560 for more information.