NUCLEAR QUANTITY SURVEYORS
Russell Taylor group are currently working with a Quantity Surveying and Commercial Consultancy in order to provide Quantity Surveyors for a number of high profile Nuclear clientele.
If you are interested in joining a North West based company as a Senior Quantity Surveyor, please do call or email Patrick to discuss further.
0151 304 7034 & email@example.com
Currently has a team of over 400 staff within the UK and nearly 4,000 staff worldwide, our client has a truly global reach. We feel that with such scope they can offer a local presence to its clients without exception. Committed to their core services and priding themselves on their dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.
They are an award winning leading independent firm providing its clients with some of the most comprehensive and forward-thinking advice available.
They offer a range of complementary quantity surveying, project management, building surveying and advisory services from conception, through design and construction and operational performance of facilities to their eventual disposal or reuse.
Their clients have rapid access to the latest industry intelligence and innovations, which serve to enhance value and mitigate risk.
They provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. They do this through their global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
They are committed to developing new services and techniques aimed at enhancing their clients' businesses in the long term.
We are currently recruiting a number of Quantity Surveyors to join client focused teams within the, Cumbria, Warrington and also Manchester areas. These roles are an exciting opportunity for high calibre individual’s to join and strengthen our clients.
These roles can present an excellent opportunity for proactive individuals to take responsibility for providing all core Quantity Surveying services on a number of interesting projects, for a number of clients across a variety of sectors. The ideal candidates will have the opportunity to progress quickly and could be looking for Associate of Director level appointments in the near future.
- The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established commercial/procurement/ contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors
- Cost Planning including:
- Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals
- Preparation of elemental cost plans
- Provide advice and opinion in respect of our client development plans and expectations
- Value engineering studies
- NEC contracts
- Procurement including:
- Providing advice on procurement strategy
- Assembling and seeking agreement to long and short tender lists
- Preparing and issuing tender documents.
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Managing and contributing to structured and documented tender evaluations
- Preparation of Contract Recommendation Reports
- Preparation of contract documents
- Complaint tenders
- Post Contract Quantity Surveying including:
- Scrutinising and verifying applications for interim payments
- Preparing certificates
- Managing change control in accordance with contracts
- Producing cost reports and cost forecasting
- Assisting Project Managers in preparing Early Warnings, Instructions and Compensation Events
- Attending progress meetings
- Promote commercial awareness throughout project
- Support formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required
- Advising and liaising with internal project and cost control team
- Developing Commercial Strategies
- Developing Acquisition Strategies
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Strong technical delivery experience
- Ideally MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body
- Nuclear sector experience preferred
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Strong Feasibility and cost planning experience
- Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts
SHOULD YOU REQUIRE FURTHER INFRORMATION OR WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS IN CONFIDENCE, PLEASE CALL ME FOR A CONFIDENTIAL CHAT ON
07464 542 582 OR