Russell Taylor Group are looking for Quantity Surveyors for major Nuclear projects within the Cumbria area.
We are working with a number of Main Contract, Sub-Contract and Consultancy Businesses to provide Quantity Surveyors who are looking to progress their career.
All of these roles are for Quantity Surveyors of varying levels but we ideally need people with exposure to the NEC form of contract. Whilst the majority of work is carried out to Option C, any NEC form of contract experience would be beneficial.
Each role will come with a salary, package and for travellers, Travel and subsistence is also covered along with any fuel or mileage.
Mechanical or M&E experienced personnel are a priority with one of our key clients but we are happy to consider all disciplines as we have a high demand for Quantity Surveyors and Commercial professionals.
One of our client has givien a general overview of thier reqirement -
Surveyors with experience within the M&E and/or construction sectors
Have experience of managing sub-contract packages
Experience of working within lump-sum environments
Experience of working with a variety of standard forms of Contract (NEC and JCT being the most desirable)
Experience of commercially managing their own projects
Experience of interfacing with sub-contractors and client.
Have an understanding of project functions outside of direct commercial activities such as programme/schedule
Experience must be demonstrated in the below areas -
Be able to demonstrate experience and competence in managing project budgets and monitor against cost and value
in areas such as;
- Project preliminary forecasts
- Site Installation and factory fabrication forecasts
- Sub-contract package forecasts
- Equipment Procurement forecasts
- Analysing project progress with project cost expenditure
Be capable of proactively managing change using the relevant mechanisms within the contract, such as;
- Mentoring and valuing change between the contract and latest documentation (drawings/specifications etc)
- Identifying potential changes to the contract scope
- Programme delays/unproductivity working etc.
- Assessing sub-contract variation claims and ensuring only contractual entitlement is paid
Have experience of being an integral part of the procurement process for both sub-contract packages and equipment
procurement, carrying out functions such as;
- Producing ITT documentation for sub-contractors/vendors incorporating all required contract scope in conjunction
with the project team and other key departments such as H&S/Quality
- Carrying out comprehensive quotation analysis against project budgets and compliancy with ITT
- Attending/Chairing tender and final price negotiation meetings
- Drafting and raising sub-contract packages in conjunction with the commercial director/legal department
- Raising purchase orders incorporating all required contractual documentation
Internal & External Reporting
Be capable of completing all required project commercial reporting documents such as the following;
- Monthly project cost/status report (including costs to date/liability forecasts/cash position etc.)
- Revenue Forecasts
- Cash Flow Forecasts
- Client commercial reports (such as Earned Value/EAC etc.)
- Variation Registers (internal & external)