Quantity Surveyor / Project Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + £4,500 Car Allowance (DOE)
I have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor / Project Quantity Surveyor to work for a national fit out contractor that specialise in high end refurbishment projects. As a Quantity Surveyor you will be expected to take commercial responsibility for the contract performance for allocated works to maximise both turnover and profitability for contracts allocated. The successful candidate will have significant experience as an established QS within the fit-out sector. Prior experience of working on framework contracts or fast paced fit-out contracts is essential.
You will be an active and effective team member in respect of cost and commercial matters on fast track/multiple projects within a banking or retail framework team interfacing with other members of the internal project team. Ensure accuracy and quality is to the standard required by the client. You will take commercial responsibility for contract performance to maximise both turnover and profitability, and will adhere to robust commercial process ensuring that the client obtains continued high quality and value for money.
You will have strong commercial acumen with good negotiation skills with the ability to liaise effectively with clients and architects to maintain/build robust relationships. You should have good communication skills as you will be required to express your opinions both in writing and verbally at internal and external meetings, with the ability to work well as part of a team, interacting positively with colleagues, internal and external clients
Successful candidates will preferably come from a Fit-out /construction background with fast track banking/retail framework background. You will have at least 3 to 4 years working experience, be RICS accredited qualification (or working towards this in quantity surveying) and hold a full UK driving licence is required.
Successful candidates must be willing to work out of the Fit out Warrington base location and be based on site as and when the job requires.
- Be flexible in terms of hours work
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Be computer literate, be fully IT literate in word and excel (at intermediate level)
- Hold a degree in Quantity Surveying (with membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. RICS - desirable)
- Have previous QS experience of working in a similar role (preferably with Fitout frameworks background and banking experience with some construction experience)
- Hold a CSCS regular site visitor cardIf you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now with an up to date CV or contact Rebecca Roberts for a confidential discussion on: 0151 737 5560 or email: email@example.com