Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor
Role category Rail
Contract type Full time permanent
Role type Monthly Paid
Office/Site location Peterborough
Closing date 31/07/2019
Salary £35,000 - £65,000
We are looking for an ambitious Quantity Surveyor, who is a driven individual whom embraces the challenge of working within a high performing team. This Quantity Surveyor will be joining a fantastic company and have the opportunity within our client's Rail & Electrification Business Unit.
Our client is one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which they operate. Providing national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets, they aim to create great results for our customers, partners, and employees. With talented people as the key to their success, they operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of their efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
- To provide commercial expertise to aid with the delivery of the contracted work by taking the commercial lead in a geographical focused team.
- Provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the to the management team whilst ensuring the contract achieves the appropriate commercial targets.
- Experience in the Infrastructure industry would be advantageous.
New Junction - circa £150m
One of the worst bottlenecks on the East Coast main line is this junction. Currently, slow moving freight trains using the lines and the Great Northern Great Eastern lines need to cross over three lines of the East Coast main line, causing high speed passenger trains to have to slow down. This multimillion pound investment will mean freight trains no longer need to do this but will instead dive under the East Coast main line.
Our client is designing and building a new two-track railway line, more than 3km in length, under the East Coast Main Line at the junction that will enable high-speed trains to pass over the Great Northern Great Eastern Line. Existing Lines will be widened to create four tracks. The central pair of tracks will then dive into a new underpass, below the west the ECML, and rise to meet the GNGE line approximately 600m after.
Site investigations are well underway and our client is currently taking the GRIP 4 Design through to GRIP 5. Main site works are planned from late summer 2018 until completion in spring 2021.
- BSc in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline)
- CSCS compliance
- Working towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (for example, RICS/CIOB)
- Detailed knowledge of company management systems including; Commercial and financial (Commercial Manager / COINS / Sphere)
- Quantity Surveying
- Risk management
- Personnel management
- Commercial and contractual knowledge, in various forms of contract
- A working knowledge of current legislation
- Proven experience of managing quantity surveyors on a large contract
- Negotiation and settlement of disputes and accounts relating both to customers and suppliers
- People management experience, such as managing performance, development and disciplinary procedures
- Working with a variety of schedule of rates contracts.