I am currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading civil engineering and construction company based from their West Midlands office. The contractor mainly operates within the water industry and directly employ over 1200 people across the UK. It is due to successful growth and strong long-term demand for their services, that has led to the need for a quantity surveyor to join the team in the greater Telford area, assisting with the delivery of a key client framework.
The quantity surveyor role involves a range of duties including monthly valuing of the works and making applications for payment; identifying values and agreeing variations with our clients; agreeing final accounts and reporting internally on the financial and contractual status of schemes including completion of monthly financial forecasts. Other responsibilities include procuring and letting sub-contract packages, managing sub-contractors with the site delivery team whilst on site and agreeing final accounts.
To be successful you will need to be a good communicator and negotiator; with strong commercial awareness. Knowledge of construction contracts is preferred. You will also need good IT skills with experience of databases and Microsoft Office products.
- Relevant experience and strong commercial awareness
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team player and self-starter who works well within a team and independently
- Enthusiastic and committed, with a positive attitude
- Full driving licence
- A degree or other qualification in quantity surveying would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Environmentally and contractually aware
- Experience in the water industry would be an advantage
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this role please apply now or contact Aisling Groarke on 01517375560 for more information.