Analytical Chemist, Medical Devices (R&D)
Location: North Yorkshire
Additional Benefits: 25 days holiday (plus BH), 3-6% pension top up scheme, parking onsite
Our Client, a leading multi - sited Medical Devices company are experiencing growth at this point and looking to invest into their portfolio/ product range and to offer new solutions for their clients. They are looking to recruit for an Analyst who will work at the heart of their test work (majority of time spent in the lab); and conduct several studies across various instruments and test methods. Working in R&D and involved in the various phases of product development, this Candidate will really see the transition from concept - launch and will be involved in some key projects.
Reporting to: Senior Scientist/s
- To competently conduct laboratory based analytical testing for project and stability activities, in line with agreed business targets and priorities.
- Laboratory tests to include (but not limited to):
- Physical testing (tensile, adhesion etc), titrations
- Wet Chemistry
- HPLC (some analysis)
- Packaging testing
- Assist in Technical laboratory-based investigations as required for specific projects
- Provide Technical / Laboratory / stability information on appropriate areas to all functions within the business
- Co-ordinate the on-going stability cabinet maintenance and co-ordination of studies and samples as appropriate with support from project team/ direct line manager as required. Including occasional call out to cabinets
- Complete and maintain laboratory notebooks and files to ensure compliance with internal and external Quality Systems - E.g. Lab book audit schedule, archiving practice
- Conduct GLP/GMP/ISO 13485 including calibration activities, stability files & ordering of material as appropriate.
- Take individual responsibility and work independently for assigned work. Making effective use of own resource and time by effective planning in co-ordination with time scales defined by project team / direct line manager.
- Comply with site Health and Safety procedures - including COSHH assessments, GLP and GMP/ ISO 13485 standards
- SOP writing and interpretation
- Validating and troubleshooting test work as assigned and working on initiative
- Report writing as/ when required and communicating effectively with various stakeholders across the business to establish effective test methods
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant, Scientific discipline
- Will have worked in a Medical Devices - ISO 13485 setting or similar (Pharmaceutical may be considered or Chemical/ Contract Testing)
- Will have worked across an array of different instruments and testing techniques and able to adapt to a multi- testing environment. Must have Physical, Wet Chemistry and ideally some HPLC experience but not essential.
- Will have had some exposure to method validation or problem solving on test work in an industrial setting.