R&D Scientist (Microbiology)
Type: 12 month Maternity cover- Chance to go permanent at the end of the contract
Salary: Competitive DOE
Hours: Days (Mon - Friday)
Additional: Parking onsite, private medical, life assurance, company pension, attendance bonus
Our client, a leading Diagnostic / Medical Devices company are looking to appoint a R&D Scientist to join the team to cover a 12-month maternity cover. However, if you impress there is a very good chance that you will be kept on on a permanent basis. The successful Candidate will get the chance to work as part of a successful R&D team; gaining furthered career progression in a 13485/GMP regulated Medical Devices industry.
- Writing SOPs in accordance with ISO specifications and performing all laboratory procedures to the necessary standards.
- Assisting in the improvement of the performance of existing products to IVDD and IVDR regulations.
- Research, analyse and apply information for new product development and improvement
- Deliver development work to meet specific project milestones as defined by individual project timelines.
- Prepare and present written reports and documents as directed.
- Conducting review of literature related to investigations being undertaken, conducting and where necessary, enhancing experimental design, carrying out research studies.
- Support senior staff to provide a high standard of technical service and to assist with validation studies.
- Participate in laboratory project meetings
- Will hold an BSc or MSc in Microbiology/ Biomedical Science/Life Science field
- Previous experience working in an accredited laboratory (ISO 17025, 13485)
- Will ideally have a good understanding of GMP
- Strong knowledge of microbiology testing
- Will have strong presentation and report writing skills; with the ability to communicate large pieces of data and be able to work cross functionally with the laboratory and in a desk setting,
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills.