Until recently known as Areva, this company has built a reputation for delivering the best services in the complete nuclear lifecycle -
- Mining: combining operations related to uranium exploration, extraction, processing and reclamation of sites.
- Front End: encompassing uranium conversion and enrichment, nuclear fuel design and production.
- Reactors and Services: designing and building nuclear power plants, naval propulsion reactors and research reactors, and manufactures related equipment.
- Back End and support: managing all operations in the back end of the nuclear cycle, from used nuclear fuel recycling to the dismantling and value development of nuclear facilities.
- Renewable Energies: develops and manages a portfolio of operations revolving around 4 renewable energies: wind energy, bioenergy, solar power, and hydrogen power, as well as energy storage. Orano has successfully established a radiation shielding and dose assessment team and due to the success of this team, new exciting opportunities has arisen for Shielding Consultants to join the business.A permanent role based in Warrington, Kendal or Abingdon.
- What experience and skills will I need?Excellent organisational skills and be prepared to manage shielding projects, as well as assuming a technical role within other projects. Able to support the company in its business development activities in order to continue our expansion.
- Mentor junior staff and provide technical advice to other members of the team
- The ability to work as part of a close-knit team and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the application of radiation transport codes such as MCNP, Attila, MCBEND, FLUKA and Microshield.
- This role will pay a competitive salary as well as healthcare, life insurance and a non-contributory pension scheme.