Raw Materials Buyer (Chemical Manufacturing)
£30,000 - £36,000 DOE + FANTASTIC Contractual Benefits
12 Month FTC
Hybrid working role
Are you an experienced Raw Materials Buyer? Are you CIPS qualified or working towards your CIPS qualification? Do you want to work for a global leading chemical manufacturing business who have '2nd to none' competitive contractual benefits?
If the answer is YES, this is definitely your next Contract!
Our client is a global speciality chemicals company focused on bringing innovative new technologies to market combined with a fast and responsive service. They serve a range of industries across the world, bringing our products to customers in markets from oilfields, fuels, refineries and power stations to personal care and performance chemicals.
Their global team of approximately 2,000 employees spans 24 countries, applying their extensive experience and market understanding to customers' local needs. Integrating our global footprint with local service capability enables us to supply quality products that meet and anticipate changing market dynamics
We are looking for an Interim Raw Materials Buyer to join their Purchasing Department.
The role will be based at their office in Ellesmere Port and will be based on a 6-12-month Fixed Term Contract (FTC) as maternity cover.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Fully manage a portfolio of Raw Materials and Products for Resale.
- Manage and issue supplier forecasts on a regular basis in accordance with business needs.
- Develop a good understanding of the markets and key drivers of the raw materials within your responsibility.
- Work with Sales Team to provide support for new tenders and current business opportunities.
- Supplier relationship and performance management.
- Resolution of any supplier issues and investigation of supplier complaints.
- Sourcing of alternative and new raw materials and/or suppliers.
- Risk management.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage tenders for own portfolio of products and provide support to Purchasing Managers in the tendering process.
- Providing support to Purchasing Assistant to ensure prompt resolution of invoice price queries.
- Work with Purchasing Assistant to ensure Business System is maintained with current information, including supplier set up, item set up, invoice price queries and price updates.
- Support UK Purchasing Manager, EMEA Purchasing Manager and Management teamas required.
As our successful candidate, your ideal experience will be:
- Preferably CIPS qualified/working towards CIPS qualification
- Ideally have experience within a Chemical Manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multitask.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Good analytical and reporting skills.
- Flexible, pragmatic, independent and deadline focused.
- Effective and proven negotiation skills.
- High level IT skills, especially in Excel.
Please click the link.
We very much look forward to speaking to you.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager