Purpose of the Job Role
The role sits within the Procurement function of the business and reports to the Operational Procurement Leader.
The Purpose of the role is to provide support for all required procurement activity within the business as directed by the Operational Procurement Leader.
- Processing of incoming Purchase Requisitions - Check for completeness
- Proactively manage and place orders in support of the business requirements
- Ensure accuracy of procurement related transactional data using internal systems
- Proactively manage and build appropriate relationships within the business.
- Proactively manage and build appropriate relationships with approved suppliers
- Support the department and team with any agreed Procurement strategies and initiatives
- Supporting the development and continuous improvement of policies & procedures and processes within the Procurement team.
- Support the importance of Procurement across the organisation and best practice.
- Attend meetings as required to perform duties
- To work within the relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- To attend training courses as identified and agreed for appropriate development
- Providing cover for Procurement colleagues in the event of any absence.
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties.
Previous Knowledge and Skills
- Experienced in a Procurement related environment
- Relevant Sector or Building Services experience
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to follow Procurement processes
- Understanding of supply chain methodology
- Able to communicate effectively
- Good negotiation skills
- Good IT skills including word and excel
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Flexible in approach, recognising that the demands and priorities of a dynamic procurement department may change on a daily basis.
Highly desirable (but not essential)
- Studying towards / CIPS qualification
- Operational Procurement Leader
- Procurement team
- Project Teams
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all of your contact details are correct and your CV is fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.