Our client are currently recruiting for Regional Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Manager.
This role will be multi site functional acting at the lead for the UK, overseeing individual Site HSE Managers.
You will be joining the business an exciting time. You will be responsible for continuing to drive culture change and SHE performance improvement across our Life Sciences business, whilst working towards the wider group strategy, working in partnership with a brilliant wider global SHE team.
The main duties of the Regional SHE Manager will be:
- Work with senior leadership team to create and deploy a formal Safety Health and Environmental plan that aligns with the overall Group strategy
- Develop and improve safety, health and environmental culture across the organisation
- Coaching, managing and developing senior stakeholders will be essential, for you to drive change and enable individuals and the business to be more proactive
- Implementation of policies, procedures and systems to provide for a safe and secure business operation
- Development and monitoring of HSE Management systems
- You will support with accident investigations, risk assessments, audits, providing training and keeping abreast of new regulations
- Enforce safe working practices and ensure lost time incidents are kept to a minimum
- Drive and maintain the clients's global SHE reputation
- Perform regular audits and monitor SHE performance to identify areas for improvement, and ensure that appropriate corrective or preventative actions are taken, including follow-up reviews
- Lead any necessary accident/incident investigation and reporting
- In liaison with all personnel, ensure that Emergency Response Plans are in place, and regularly checked and tested to confirm validity and that local Emergency Response Teams are operational at all times
To be successful in the role, the ideal candidate should meet our minimum criteria as below:
- Education or higher degree, preferably in a relevant technical discipline or similar
- A diploma level qualification in safety, health and environmental management or equivalent; certification in quality management is highly desirable
- Experience in leading internal and external SHE audits
- A proven track record in a SHE Manager role and ideally experience gained within the laboratory environment
- Leadership and influence skills are crucial
- General knowledge and experience of laboratory testing practices and technology
- Experience of implementing ISO 14001, 45001
- Experience of implementing HSE Policies and associated management systems
- Able to provide detailed audit reports with relevant required preventive and corrective actions
- Minimum Grad IOSH, working towards CMIOSH, or equivalent professional membership
- Be willing to travel to locations throughout the United Kingdom, involving overnight travel.